Monday 18 July 2016

BOND OF FRIENDSHIP

From the day that I first knew you, Your heart was pure and kind; Your smile was sweet and innocent, Your wit was well refined.
The sparkle in your eyes was keen, Your friendship fast and real; Soft words were your virtue, And humor your appeal.
We grew as friends together, We laughed and shared our dreams; Along the way crush or two, Went unrevealed, it seems.
As years rolled on, our paths were split, Our roads went separate ways; We each pursued our interests, That occupied our days.
We soon forgot our childhood bliss, Of tender carefree years; We didn't talk or keep in touch, Throughout life's pain and tears.
Then my darkest hour came, And tried me to my core; To save my heart from ruin, I closed and locked the door.
Then out of every nowhere, With precise directed cue; An old familiar smile, Came slowly into view.
Although much time was gone, And the die of fate long cast; It was as if we hadn't missed, A second of the past.
You listened with attentive care, And reassured my mind; That loving hearts are still alive, With purpose and design.
Deep inside I've locked way, Emotions yet untold; As time goes on, and bonds grow strong, They will all unfold.
So thank you, friend, for taking time, To demonstrate your love; It's yet another blessing that, I'm undeserving of

No comments:

Post a Comment